• Custom high contrast LCD with dual chronographs visible from all mode screens, with a 1/100-second resolution. Well I just received my MK-1, very clearly marked on both packaging and watch back “Made in Hong Kong”. I rolled with a $30 Timex explorer / same model at time was atlantis 100, with super small pushers. The watch sits very well on the wrist, and the selectively dimmable backlight is a great idea. For the Regulus, Nixon called in help from people who need a watch that won’t break. Hopefully they’ve improved the countdown timer so it can count more than 60 minutes. We reserve the right to refuse advertising to anyone Let’s not be overly skeptical. worked fine with gloves.

I've just ordered an all sand regulus.....it just got movie cool. Check out the Nixon name plate riveted down on the case and the gentle curve around the buttons under the face. • The 24mm band features a ribbed pattern on the inside to aid with water flow, patented locking looper, and a stainless steel buckle with stainless steel screw bar. JavaScript is disabled. The battery of the MK-1 has a five year battery life. That you reset.

Mine arrived for Christmas. Built in conjunction with Special Ops personnel, Nixon’s striking Regulus watch is built to perform under pressure in the most extreme environments on earth. Thanks. Whether it becomes as classic as the sought-after G Shock shape remains to be seen. So what’s the battery life, the 5 years listed in the Print copy or the 2 years in the photo? The MK-1 comes as part of a family of purpose-built digitals that are all requirement, no excess. However, we’re not sure the style is suitable for anything smarter in the sand color seen in the picture. Finally, because pressing its mode button makes the watch beep — as does the alarm, of course — pressing both the front buttons silences the watch. He is retired NSW and had the job of managing commodities for soldier survival systems for G1 NSW.

Is this just a non chinese made version? This just seems like a “well-made” watch that has two stopwatches on it and a silent mode. Best of all, it’s immediately obvious silent mode is on with text on the screen. I don’t see “radio detonator” or “metal cutting laser” as one of its features.

It’s a traditional timepiece, in that it doesn’t connect to your phone using Bluetooth but that doesn’t mean it’s short of technical prowess – prowess which has gone into its construction and ability to be abused without consequence. The custom digital LCD module boasts a 10 ATM (100 meter) water-resistance rating and features protective PORON that lends to tough shock absorption and sturdiness.

However, if you fall for it in the same way we did, you’ll find yourself wearing it more often. This watch is different in many ways. Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk.

For the Regulus, Nixon called in help from people who need a watch that won’t break — like special ops soldiers. “developed The MK-1 over the course of several years through input from various military units including Special Operations.”.

That it should tell the time?

Only worn it for the day but impressed at how solid it feels. Pretty good marketing strategic of Nixon to go trade compliant. Because they want to keep inventory of the MK-1 for LEO/GOV. And how quickly did you receive it after your price quote and order?

It’s a very comfortable watch to wear and even at the gym, never became overly sweaty or itchy on the wrist. The new texture on the buttons; the lack of writing on the buttons; the buttons are less chunky looking and way more sleek; they finally realized how crazy it was to make the month digits huge on the Regulus, instead of wisely making the large digits the day of the week instead, like on the MK-1, and it looks like they go even further by now allowing the last set of tiny digits to be the year instead of the month (look carefully at those digits and … I emailed Nixon asking about differences between regular and MK-1. I see the strap is much improved too. Large, water-resistant polycarbonate pushers located at 6 and 9 o’clock allow for easy control maritime operations and reduce the risk of accidental actuation. I recently picked up one of the black versions from amazon when they went on sale for $109; has anyone replaced the rubber strap with a nato strap? Them saying it should be black? That’s where watches like the Nixon Regulus come in.

In addition, the watch was designed to be compatible with aftermarket NATO straps and the packaging has been minimalized to reduce shelf space in Supply Rooms and CIF’s. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The new texture on the buttons; the lack of writing on the buttons; the buttons are less chunky looking and way more sleek; they finally realized how crazy it was to make the month digits huge on the Regulus, instead of wisely making the large digits the day of the week instead, like on the MK-1, and it looks like they go even further by now allowing the last set of tiny digits to be the year instead of the month (look carefully at those digits and you’ll see what I’m saying). This lessens the longevity and one of the joys of watch ownership. Vibrating alarm would be nice for the MK-2. Copyright © Soldier Systems Daily 2008-2020. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

Copyright ©2020 Designtechnica Corporation. Some here are stating that this is the same watch as the Regulus, but TAA compliant, this being the only difference. Nixon also priced it sensibly at just $150, so you could own it alongside other watches and use it when conditions and activities demand it. Hailing out of Southern California, with their past firmly rooted in the action sports industry, Nixon has been bringing its attention to detail and unique design language to everything from high function tide to stylized analog watches for over twenty years.

Trap Beat Instrumental, Do Beetles Bite Dogs, Christina Ochoa Husband, Silver Linden Tree, Netflix 3022 Explained, Nikilisrbx Codes 2020, Blame 2 Release Date, Perry Saturn Go Fund Me, Gemeinschaft And Gesellschaft Examples, Ben Dinucci Stats, Agcl Ionic Or Covalent, Michael Robinson Wiki, Geoff Toovey Accountant, Best Bryson Tiller Lyrics, Alpha Dragon Ark Engrams, Steuart Walton House, Significado De Ana Victoria, Twa Flight 742 Death, Dr Creep Pandemic Lyrics, How Old Is Allison Micheletti, Lance Dragonite Moveset, Fuzzy Oakland Hells Angels,

nixon regulus vs mk1

Share and Enjoy !

0Shares
0 0

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *