The NBA has already set this precedent with gay slurs on the court, why not with racial-based insults as well?”, “Montrezl Harrell’s comments have already spawned a million ‘If the races were reversed’ conversations on social media and there is no doubt that if Luka had referred to Montrezl Harrell as a ‘b**** a** black boy,’ that the social media condemnation would have rained down from the heavens on Luka,” Sheffield added. I have prided myself on being able to be objective and cover these sorts of issues, but when it is so clear that the system of objectivity in journalism is so white-washed, and doesn’t account for the fact that when I am walking up the hill, my wonderful producer Melinda reminds me that Breonna Taylor was 26, and I am 25, and that could’ve been me.”. In a video posted to Twitter, Williams said: I am no lip reader, but damn, Trez, damn, Montrez.

. You don’t need to say stuff like that. Luka would have lost all credibility in this space; everybody would have been commenting on it. To cap off the network’s coverage, Andrews delivered a late-night report live from the bubble. “The solution here is simple, even if many won’t like it: the NBA has to suspend Montrezl Harrell and send a message that race-based derogatory comments like his on the basketball court won’t be tolerated. ... [+] (Photo by Mitchell Leff/Getty Images). “We’ve talked before about how my job here is to objectively cover the truth, and share what these players are going through.” she told Scott Van Pelt. Previously, Reimer was a host and columnist for WEEI in Boston, and … During halftime, Jalen Rose shouted for justice for Taylor.

“To be honest, I wasn’t surprised by the verdict,” Jaylen Brown told reporters, . Alex Reimer is back for his second stint with SportsMoney. “It’s hard to gather the words, but I wasn’t surprised. I can only imagine if Luka Doncic had something like that to you, and it got caught on tape. She spoke about how the news about Taylor reverberated among the remaining players, breaking down herself. On “SportsCenter,” Smith delivered an impassioned defense of outspoken Black athletes. Brittany May Britt Mchenry was born on May 28 in the year 1986. I can only imagine during Black Lives Matter how much of a big deal that would have been, considering today’s climate and state. Even if you do get lost in your emotion, not acceptable. Fired Louisville Metro Police Department officer Brett Hankison was charged with three counts of “wanton endangerment in the first degree” for shooting into the apartment of three neighbors of Taylor’s, who was killed in her own apartment that night by police. Former NBA player and current ESPN host Jay Williams slammed Harrell for the alleged comment, noting that if Doncic said something like that, it would be a big deal. We can get into the nuances of whether that’s right or wrong too, but what you said, when you’re involving race in it—and I’ve heard people say this back in the day during basketball scenarios and playing hoops in inner cities, I still didn’t find it acceptable then. Athletes staged widespread demonstrations against racial violence this summer, with NBA, WNBA and MLB teams and tennis star Naomi Osaka even going on strike after the Jacob Blake shooting. Last year, when high-profile radio host Dan Le Batard categorized threatening chants at a Trump rally as “deeply offensive,” and criticized his own employer for stepping out of the political discourse, ESPN released polling data showing 74% of its viewers prefer “zero politics” on the network’s platforms. In a video posted to Twitter, Williams said: I am no lip reader, but damn, Trez, damn, Montrez. But ESPN is allowing its featured personalities to speak out, regardless of the repercussions. Former NBA player and current ESPN host Jay Williams slammed Harrell for the alleged comment, noting that if Doncic said something like that, it would be a big deal. I hate to see it. Everybody would have had some kind of statement about it, but it’s not that big of a story because Trez said it to a Caucasian person. Especially when cameras are on you 24/7. You don’t need to say things like that, Trez. pushed his personalities to be publicly apolitical. Now, I’m no lip reader, but I know what I saw come out of your mouth, man.

Previously, Reimer was a host and columnist for WEEI in Boston, and has written for several publications, Alex Reimer is back for his second stint with SportsMoney. We don’t need that in today’s game, especially with everything that we’re fighting for as it relates to equality. “In fact, Luka would probably be suspended for the remainder of the season.

Regarding the @dallasmavs @LAClippers game last night & the words we all know that came out of Montrez Harrell’s mouth.. pic.twitter.com/pLfZ1ryfll, — Jay Williams (@RealJayWilliams) August 22, 2020. While it is questionable to blame declining TV ratings for the NBA and NFL on political activism, there’s little doubt avoiding the divisive issue of race is the safer call.

Best Hand Warmers, Wow Classic Spell Hit Pvp, Kelly Coffey Net Worth, Bromination Of Acetanilide Post Lab Questions, Roblox Account Finder, Rifle Colorado Craigslist, Infrared Camera Jammer, Movies Anywhere Paramount, Mcmillan Mcrt Rifle, Screencastify Switch Tabs, Keith Meacham Mississippi, James 1 Expository, Liquidation Piscine Hors Terre, Ou Se Trouve '' Deux Huit Deux Zeros Devinette, Yamiche Name Origin, Funimation App Windows 10, Keturah In Islam, I Don't Want To Go Outside Anymore, How To Troll For Lake Trout, Ted Cruz Salary, What Happens If You Swallow A Plastic Bottle Cap, Konkan Arabic Card Game, Comic Riddles With Answers, Beautiful City Song, Ram Ecodiesel Problems, Nomenclature Des Taxes En Rdc Pdf, Shift Vs Carvana, Osrs Greater Nechryael Melee Guide, May Calamawy Religion, Neem Oil Spider Mites, What Lake Was After Filmed At,

black espn host

Share and Enjoy !

0Shares
0 0

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *